The Art of Styling - Workshops
Whether your aim is to take your homemade dishes from the merely edible to the truly eye-catching, you want to take your social media photography to another level, you would simply like to freshen up a tired room in your house, or you are seriously considering a career in styling, these workshops will more than whet your appetite.
In an era where the imagery of social media has become an art form in itself, where the styling and plating of food has become almost as important as the food itself, and style in one way or another permeates every part of life, join us for a day of enriching experiences, full of inspiration, information, hands-on involvement and a little fun along the way. Take a journey with Deb McLean, renowned stylist and endlessly creative soul, as she shares a life’s worth of passion, knowledge and experience to help like-minded people discover their own hidden talents and creative ideas.
Deb will introduce you to the wonderful, and sometimes crazy, world of styling. She will take you through the preparation, the processes, the techniques and the tricks, the do's and the don't's and everything in between. She'll present a styling exercise in real time, explain why some things work and others don't, and answer all of your questions. You will then put your new-found knowledge to the test when you get your own hands dirty and try to replicate (or outdo!) Deb herself.
You will learn the tips and tricks that the professionals use, hear the stories of someone who has been in the industry for nearly three decades, and share the whole experience in an inspiring and unique environment.
Our workshops include:
• An introduction to the world of styling
• The stylist's kit
• Creating a mood through backgrounds, props & product
• Creating your own backgrounds
• Tips and tricks of the trade
• Understanding a client's brief
• Working to a budget
• Setting up backgrounds and props for photography
• Tips and techniques for great photographic results
• Why lighting is so important
• Hands-on styling of your own set under Deb's tuition
• Professional photoshoot of your final styled set
• Lunch or afternoon tea, dependent upon workshop